Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Round Midnight

Its amazing yet interesting how people have these epiphanies and sometimes life altering moments late in the midnight hour. Around 12:47 last night as I sat and graded papers, I had this tug on my heart and mind. The weird thing is at first I really didn't know what it was all about. Earlier that day I had been doing a lot of thinking about everything that was going on in my life. But at 12:47 one of those thoughts just seemed to dominate my mind. I knew eventually that this point would come but I didn't think it would happen so soon because when you're young you think the world is your foot stool. But life quickly puts you back into place. I have a weakness, a strong-hold that has burdened my mind and heart. Never before had I looked at it as weakness but round midnight the midst had cleared and the veld lifted. I wish a plan of action had followed that little revelation; hey may be it will come tonight, who knows?

It begins to tell, round midnight
midnight
I do pretty well, till after sundown;
suppertime I'm feelin sad,
but it really gets bad
round midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment